Ok. This is my blog. So I get to say what I want right? Right. You disagree, you're wrong.
So, basically, I know that I am where I am now, not by my own efforts alone. There's talent too. That's given by my parents. BUT very important, there is also opportunity. Say what you want, but this can only be given by God.
Here was what happened:
This job that I've just left, I'd actually got it without going through any proper channel at all. I did not write in, I did not send in a resume, I even turned up for the interview in casual wear.
Today is my last day. But two weeks ago, my friend rang me up and asked me to join her relief teaching. I couldn't join her in time. Then on Monday, I saw a missed call and quickly after, a message from her, telling me the HOD at that school might be ringing anytime.
Eventually, I called back the school [using the office phone] while the boss was out. And I managed to set a date with the teacher to meet up on Friday. Quote: "So let's meet up this Friday, with the other teacher to tell you what are the requirements needed." [Tell me. Haven't I gotten the job?]
That was on Monday. And I called at around 2.40.
That night. I called Christina, and I was just saying how lucky I was, that I got the first job without first sending in a resume, and now how I got this without even registering with MOE.
Then, she screamed. "What?!?! You didn't register?!?!?!"
Shit.
I went online to register immediately, and made up speeches in my head on the 1001 ways to break it to the teacher.
Today, Tuesday. I rang up the school 4-5 times. About 45 minutes interval in between. Engaged, no answer, no answer, not in the office, might have left / in a meeting.
Oh no. Made back-up plans. Write an email. Realised from Christina I didn't know her maiden name or the one she used for her moe account. So got a favour from Christina [who else?] to leave her a note.
Went to MOE website to check application status. Logged in 8 times. EVERYTIME it was an invalid password. My mother came in. "You key in wrong password la! You see! They put here type in your DDMMYYYY."
Oops!
Retype. Got in!
HA HA HA HA!! Approved!
Now tell me. The whole episode. Wasn't it a godsend?
[The food chem option we all begrudgingly took in J2 turned out to be a BIG plus point]
No comments:
Post a Comment