Saturday, September 13, 2008

Passionate patriotism

***************************************************
Every girl's dream! I'm going to Hong Kong to buy winter clothes, and Korea to get summer clothes! Wahahahaha.

***************************************************

We were cooking at the apartment where I am currently learning Korean earlier today when one of the Korean girls asked a student from China "Taiwanese speak Chinese as well, right?"

The Chinese girl immediately said "Taiwan is part of China."

Korean girl: "Oh? But they don't say they are Chinese, right?"

Chinese girl: "Taiwan is part of China."

Korean girl: "They speak Chinese too?"

Chinese girl: "Taiwan is part of China."

I wonder if there was a bunch of people who wanted to break away from Singapore, would we be as anal passionate about it.

Some non-Singaporean: "Pulau Ubin-eans speak Singlish too, right?"

Me: "Pulau Ubin is part of Singapore."

Non-Singaporean: "But they don't call themselves Singaporeans?"

Me: "Pulau Ubin is part of Singapore."

Non-Singaporean: "They speak Singlish too?"

Me: "Pulau Ubin is part of Singapore."

Haha. What shit.

1 comment:

valeriejayne. said...

this is hilarious.