Thursday, February 02, 2006

I own a park!

Guess what? In the spur of a moment, catalysed by extreme boredom and sianity, I typed my own name into yahoo.. and actually found results! It's so interesting. A name as rare as LEHIA actually has a language institution, a beach and a park named after her! Who is actually me! Amazing! I found a non-English language centre with the acronym L.E.H.I.A.. So cool right? And in Hawaii, with pristine beaches and rolling waves, lie a beach named Lehia Beach, and a park named Lehia Park! Woohoo! Fireworks and sparklers. I'm not unknown.

Check this out:

Hilo Vicinity, Big Island Hawaii. This shady, grassy plot is well-suited to the needs of an average fun-seeking family. Though the water here is rough and generally unfavorable to swimming, sandy-bottomed tide pools, similar to those found at Leleiwi (see above), offer the perfect means of relaxation.
Location :: East of Leleiwi Beach Park/Richardson's Beach, at the end of Kalanianaole Avenue. Literally.
Access :: At the end of the road, follow a dirt track down to a well shaded lawn.
Services :: None.
Notes :: Though camping is not officialy allowed at Lehia, many locals and tourists alike choose to spend the night here.

Rocks right? Heh. I told you so.

Oh yeah. Mum! Thanks for the name.

No comments: