Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Of all the terrorists I know of, I've never seen one as fearful as the one I met today. THE AUNTIE TERRORIST! She is so freaky, you'll get nightmares if you dream of her.

Ok. How I met her. I was at the bank cashing in some money (not to my account. hai~), when the TERRORIST AUNTIE.. appeared. Actually she was there all the while, just that she suddenly became noticeable.

Unable to handle all her threatening demands, the meek teller forwarded her to her supervisor, THE PREGNANT BOSS. Strong and confident, she marched in, as her subordinates all look at her in awe. And then. She stopped. Nah, she wasn't about to give birth. The counter was empty, that's all.

The TERRORIST AUNTIE saw her chance and scurried over to THE PREGNANT BOSS. Face to face, with intense eyes, the two matriachs look ready to unleash their maternal fury onto each other. But they didn't. Duh. They were in a public place aka bank.

[I blinked, so I didn't know how it started] The TERRORIST AUNTIE whipped out her weapon and shoved it in the face of THE PREGNANT BOSS, and began her barrage of unending AUNTIE MANDARIN.

[That all happened while I was still in the queue and about 10 metres away from the TERRORIST AUNTIE. So I couldn't hear much. But, as luck would have it, I was served by a teller at the counter next to the battlefield!]

“就算别人拿了你的 i/c, 我们也不会让他提钱的。 因为照片不同。 拿到了你的i/c也没用!” THE PREGNANT BOSS defended the attack.

“我这些钱已经没有了..... 是发展银行的人..... 政府..... 李光耀..... 是你们的人.....” The TERRORIST AUNTIE continued her relentlessly bombarding, hoping to bring down that single defense.

But THE PREGNANT BOSS would not allow herself to fall siege! She stood firm. Baby and all. Her defense was rock solid! A modern day Iron Curtain! Unmovable. Un-drawable!

The TERRORIST AUNTIE quickly assessed the situation and came up with a new strategy. “好!今天二十一号我有来。 你帮我担保我有来。”

But NO! THE PREGNANT BOSS will not allow herself to fall into this little trick. “我不能帮你担保什么。”

The TERRORIST AUNTIE realised she attacked an impregnable fortress, but she would not let it go without a warning. One that sent a chill down the spines of everyone who heard it. “你给我小心点!(now read it slower, deliberately articulating each word) 你给我小心一点...”

[The trailing part was just because I was done with my transaction and I had to go. But JUST before I left...]

THE PREGNANT BOSS found even a retort to this bone-chilling sentence. “小心什么?” And she gave a calm, hair-raising chuckle.

No comments: