Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Men are SUCH difficult bosses

First, in NJ, I had to bend myself and fit into the teacher's schedule. That's fine. That's perfectly alright. Other than staying back to see him at 6.30 pm, I'm perfectly fine with fitting into his schedule. Then, I had to fit into his THINKING. That I totally detested. He is a person. AND SO AM I! What he thinks, I had to PRETEND I agreed.

I mean honestly, he imposed his thinking onto us. I disagreed. But I didn't want to embarrass him in front of the others. So I kept quiet. BUT. I kept my beliefs. Even if they were totally different from his. I had to stay true to myself. Only to get another round of preaching from him. Whatever. Swallow and digest. Pass it out and move on.

NOW. I have a boss who's so elusive, I still can't figure what he's thinking. His freaking height does not help. He doesn't like callers to know where he is. He doesn't even tell us where he is, leaving us to figure it out for ourselves.

He gives us tasks with no other information. So we don't know how important it is. And if he chances on my blog. I'm so screwed. I'm prolly gonna get my pay deducted from it's already pathetic $5 an hour when it is reviewed later this month.

So he gave me this assignment, without any information whatsoever, to what the assignment is for. And I'm left choosing between the assignment and another task which is as urgent if not more.

Then the good old guy called from his wonderful four-star hotel in Thailand with a very obvious hint that I'm supposed to be done with it tomorrow. Great. So now I bring my work home. Which is making me take back the statement I said the other day about work being fun because WORK STOPS AT 6!

Anyway Boss, just take pride in knowing that this temp bothers enough to do her work at home.

No comments: