For those who know See Toh Chee Fung and Liew Jun Zhan. Here is a warning: DO NOT GO SHOPPING WITH THE TWO OF THEM. Especially if it's for a birthday present, and the two of them cannot be together with you alone. It's quite.. bad. On the first step to our quest, a question was asked, "What do we get for her?" Three steps later, it was "Jun Zhan, you still owe me money." Step 5: "No. If you put it down first before that, you can kill your enemy's whole deck" (Magic cards) or something of the likes. 15 minutes later, "So, what are we getting her?" An hour later "Ay quick. What to get her?" In the end, we went to every affordable gift shop in Raffles City and looked at everything before sitting down to discuss what to buy. And when we did discuss, I think only 5% of the time was useful discussion. Otherwise, it would be the money that Jun Zhan owes Chee Fung or that Chee Fung would have won the 82nd game had it not been for a fly.
And can you believe it? We actually built a (formidable) reputation for NJPS together! Yeah. I can't either. (It really must have been me). Almost 7 months on, I'm still so proud of us. I think everyone in our batch must be too. March 2004, we restrained from joining competitions. March 2005, we were winning competitions. With a 200++ strong seminar under our belt. Oh yeah. And a feature article in Photo i magazine. (With my photo in it). And by the time we finally stepped down last July, we had a SNAP camp, a 180 degree turn in the school's impression of us, and the fastest CT photo project ever. (The juniors overtook us with unprecedented sales, so we can only claim the most efficient project) Come to think of which, we also had a bunch of juniors we can safely hand the society down to. It's a legacy! Hey, we rock.
I'm pretty much a narcissist huh. From begrudging about the two "men" I went out with, I got to praising me and my team. Oh well. If I don't love/praise/appreciate myself, who will?
No comments:
Post a Comment