Ever wondered why the best things in life are those that come to you and not those that you set out to find? Some people will say it's because of fate, but is it really? I think it's because it's always better to do nothing to get what you want than working your guts out to get it in the end. Whatever about the satisfaction and sense of achievement and all that. Admit it. If someone else did nothing but got the same thing as you, you'll go TOTALLY green. But of course, you have to want it (or like it) first.
There are so many things I want to buy now. (And my horoscope advises me to be careful with money in January. Great.) I always wonder. What if I buy now only to discover something so much nicer right after I've gotten it? Then do I buy both? But I've already got the thing I need. And I can always save the money to buy another thing I want. So weird huh. And the terrible thing about waiting for things to come to you is that you don't know when it'll come and what it'll be. And by the time it comes, it may not be the object of desire anymore. So will I get the best things in life? Wonder Wonder Wonder.
So much uncertainty. No wonder mathematicians came out with the idea of probability.
For the boys going into NS, (I know. No link) you actually earn more than us although your monthly salaries are pathetic. We work for at most 8 months if we go for job interviews immediately after our last A level paper and start working on December 1. We get about $1100 WITHOUT CPF. After deducting CPF, we get..
80% x 1100
=$880
You guys get $350 a month with CPF ALREADY deducted. And let's say you're in there for the shortest time, 22 months.
So in comparison, you get a grand total of 350 x 22 = $7700
and we get a grand total of 880 x 8 = $7040
Plus, you get to work for three months or so after you are released. So don't be so bitter. We need people to protect our country after all. And it can't be just girls doing the job while the guys are working hard earning money.
No comments:
Post a Comment