***********************************************************************
I honestly wonder how I'll react when I find out that Tonghai just got attached, right before I smsed him.
***********************************************************************
Shall steal snippets of my boss' time to write. I remember a time in secondary school when I loved days like today. Heavy rain, no thunder, cold but bearable. It was umbrella duty day!
I will arrive really early in school, dump my bag in the classroom and run downstairs to the council room.
I can't really remember where we got the raincoats from. It was either General Office or in the cupboard below the blazers. But umbrellas were from General Office, no doubt. Then the whole group of us will head off down to the porch and bus stops dressed in rain coats, armed with umbrellas.
The fun wasn't really in sheltering people from the rain. That was fun, but not the greatest fun of all. The fun was being able to get wet legally. You get to wear rain coats, run out of school, splash around in the rain, and the teachers won't say anything.
I remember there was once a councillor forgot to put on her hood. She just used her umbrella to shelter Andersonians and herself. And she forgot all about it. When one of the seniors called her out, she pulled on her hood, with all the water it collected, and ran out. Her whole back was drenched.
Councillors wore white blouses with the kelly blue skirt at that time. In a sense, we couldn't afford to wear florescent bras, or get wet, or both.
But I loved getting wet. Not so I could show off my bra - they weren't much anyway. But it was fun!
In sec 4, when it was time to study for Os, and we were all relieved of our council duties, umbrella duty became a permanent memory. In sec 4 councillors also officially changed back to pinafores; no more light, fluttering skirts.
Whenever it rained in the afternoon or evening, I'll remove my school badge and name tag and pass them to my best friends while I walk outside the walkway enjoying the rain. Hahaha. They'll just nag at me throughout the whole walk to the MRT station, and again when I arrive in school the next day sneezing my head off.
I guess it's the affection as much as the fun that kept me addicted to rain. Like how I wish I still am today.
No comments:
Post a Comment