Sunday, June 29, 2008

End of the game and Jeffrey Archer

**********************************************************************
I spend 80% of my time outside (lunch breaks not included) exclusively with guys but my traffic light is still evergreen. Something is wrong somewhere.

**********************************************************************
Finally finished the book. Haha don't feel much actually. I thought I would know more about the tricks men used. But looking at the stuff written, it didn't seem very applicable in Singapore. Seriously, some of the negs would have earned the fella a slap from me. And women in Singapore are not that fuckable ya know.

Towards the end, the book got quite a bit boring. It was just one woman after the other. Same tricks, different bar. Funny there weren't stories about failed attempts towards the end. And Neil Strauss always seemed to be such an understanding person. Mature, logical, charming. Exactly how I would write myself.

Oh. And I hate Tyler Durden. Zero respect for him and his zero respect for women.

****************************************************

Some time ago, I was wondering why Jeffrey Archer named his book Kane and Abel when the two first names were Kane and Rovnowski. Initially I thought it was just because the name wasn't catchy. Only recently (yeah, I know a bit slow) that I realised it was from the Bible story of Cain and Abel.

Frankly speaking, the only talent I felt that Archer showed in Kane and Abel was writing style. In Shall We Tell the President, the plot was even worst - normal, predictable and lacked ingenuity. It probably could charm a secondary school kid. But more work will be needed when the kid grows five years older.

But these are just comments after reading his series on Kane and Abel. I thought The Prodigal Daughter was good; when I read it in secondary school.

No comments: