I have a bit of inspirational problems with the story, so I'll just leave it hanging first while I get on with my life
**************************************************
This entry might not appeal much, if at all, to non-Christians. But oh well, the purpose of the blog's existence sure is more than entertaining you.
I marvel at how I look to God only during exams, and not much during the rest of the sem. Sure, I got quite burn out during the sem, but I chose to continue to rely on my own devices despite the tiredness (if there's such a word).
I didn't realise my 零时抱祖脚 mentality at all until I saw my grades for a 20% assignment. C+. Oh... my.... goodness... Le Hia is actually capable of getting C+ (I'll admit. With this line, I have highlighted 1. my un-God-mindedness, 2. my arrogant complacency)
That was the first C+ I'd ever seen. Not surprisingly, it didn't elicit the same feelings as when I saw my first A+.
It just totally came back and hit me hard, right smack in the face. This is where I get when I rely only on myself. Me, myself and I. The perfect formula for failure. C+.
Why didn't I look to God during that time??
It's so easy to say things on hindsight, isn't it? Sighz. The folly of Man!
The Lord has indeed helped me with my grades everytime I asked Him to (He's a faithful God, wat). Sure, some people might say I still got a B even though I prayed and put my entire faith in Him. But hey, I got A pluses too. Notice the plurals and singular. I got 1 B each for sem 2 and 3, none in sem 1. But the A pluses have been increasing from sem 1 to 3 (from 0 to 3).
God helps. But only when you ask for it. Fortunately or unfortunately, I only seem to remember him during the final exams, and less so during the semester. Suffice to say, it's quite obvious that my A pluses come from modules with heavy weightage on the final paper, and the Bs (and B pluses for that matter) come from moduels with low weightage on the final paper.
It's such a startling revelation isn't it?
This was a verse I found after randomly opening a page
The Spirit alone gives eternal life. Human effort accomplishes nothing. And the very words I have spoken to you are spirit and life.
John 6:63
(NLT)
No comments:
Post a Comment