Thursday, May 15, 2008

Applications closed

Today, I learnt for the second time that the female homo sapien, being the gender less physically developed, is in no position to stop the male specie from doing what the latter intends to. At all. (Second time because I had actually known it very early on, but clear for all to see, I didn't learn my lesson.) *pui

I CAN'T STAND IT!

And I've finally gotten it into my thick head that attraction based on looks gets me nowhere. At long last, "Ability to hold an interesting conversation for a prolonged period" moves up to number one on my list. "Looks" and "Accomplishments" banished to five and six. But "Intelligence above mine" remains second. I don't need insecure guys because I just so happen to be cleverer than them (and have them proclaiming their achievements repeatedly to cover their inferiority complex). Yuck!

A friend once said that my No. 2 criteria would eliminate three quarters of the guys out there. But oh what the heck, if my market's gonna be smaller, then so be it.

Irritation aside, I think I've lost that special feeling. The skip of a heartbeat, rush of endorphins, blushes, shyness.. Feels like a dead knot permanently sealed by a flame. Hm..

All of a sudden, I feel so bent on my single lifestyle. Hectic, but satisfying.

I remember I ever posted an entry declaring "Applications Open" like about one year back. I'm not exactly sure what the status is now, but after tonight, I've decided. APPLICATIONS CLOSED.

I'm switching to evergreen.

No comments: