There are quite a few questions I'm often asked that I don't know how to answer. Besides "How are you?", and more recently "How's Korea?", another question is "How is it like growing up in a Christian family?".
Today I shall attempt to answer the last question.
Growing up in a Christian family, I found it easier to believe. That there is a God who looks just like us, that there is a God even with no idols, that He created a Son, the perfect Man, and He sacrificed this Man to save me when my birth was not two thousand years to come.
I found it easier to believe the men and women, anointed as pastors, who read from the book they called the Holy Bible. The power in the symbol that looked like a letter from the alphabet, the beauty of the Lamb borne of a virgin woman.
Many might sneer at my naivety, thinking of a meek little girl following without question. But hey, it makes me happy, free of worries, glad to help others and still have my bed of rose petals laid out for me. And all these, without me having to work a single sweat for it.
My life is that good because His love is that beautiful. And I find that very easy to believe. Because I was raised in a Christian family.
p/s I'm not saying that salvation is free. No, it is not. It was paid for with the life of the most perfect man who ever walked on this earth. And heartbreaking as it was, it was done willingly for God so love the world. Not that difficult to comprehend (though still awestruck by the love), cos I grew up in a Christian family.
No comments:
Post a Comment