I always feel so empty after a funeral. A funeral where I wore the white shirt and pinned the cloth on my sleeve. I just sent my grandfather off today and I feel absolutely terrible now. I'm exhausted, drained and worn out. I want to talk to someone but don't know who to turn to. The person I thought of shouldn't have to hear such things from me. Just like it was three years ago.
Kong Kong was a reserved man who really didn't like to talk. He had his own ways of loving us and did so in his quiet ways. His last days were spent in the hospital with visitors every day. For a man who was quiet, he had an amazingly large number of people attending his wake.
As Kong Kong's coffin was rolled across the viewing hall, his children and grandchildren quietly sobbed for him. At the very end when his casket was lifted up into the furnace, Uncle Roger said "Pa, bye bye. Ti kok kin hor, pa."
Now I want to say bye bye Kong Kong. See you in heaven.
I don't know how to write on from here. The English sucks, I know. I don't care.
1 comment:
Hugs.
Post a Comment