Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Leave them alone

I have rather disparate groups of friends. They don't mix with each other, and I behave differently with each of them. Which is something I believe is their right, cos everyone and the synergies amongst them are different. So it's only fair that I do not upset things by insisting on treating friendships with a cookie cutter.

Sometimes when two different groups of friends mix, friction result. And I get caught in the middle.

I never wanted Tonghai to come to Block C. He is wrong for the block. For Sheares even. But Murphy had his way and now he is a sore point I am trying reaaaaaally hard to ignore. The whole fiasco between the two of us as yet unsettled.

I don't really want the block guys to meet Chee Fung and Jun Zhan either. Particularly those two block guys. I guess when a person become conscious of their looks and aware of what works for them, they become confident. Maybe over-confident. Everyone in sight is rated on a scale and disapproving looks are dispensed generously to those who don't make the cut.

I'm not in favour of such judgements (despite being such a person eons ago) because it was these same judgements that sent me plunging down into darkness not too long ago.

I will not be foolish and claim that Chee Fung and Jun Zhan are handsome lads. They are not, but so what? They have charismas that bowl me over everytime I'm with them.

That time when they made those remarks, I was insulted. I still am.

How could they just brush off a person's personality just by looking at him?? I have known them for 4 years. They have seen the worst of me but never left my side. I have seen how they've grown and changed throughout this 4 years and I have never once felt any less affection for them. How could the value of my company be decided just by how they look??

Ok la, I might be a total slut now. But my friends will be my friends will be my friends. Attack me, but leave them alone.

p/s Just a little note here.. I'm not actually angry with anyone. I just feel indignant for these two best friends of mine, and kinda needed to voice it out.

No comments: