Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Shanghai Bund continues

******************************************
So funny. Whenever something big about me happens, no one dares to ask me about it. Ne'er mind. I'm enjoying it anyway.

I'm a multi-fac woman! I teach engine students math, quantum physics and relativity, help business students with their business modules and arts students with their arts modules!

******************************************

Left alone in the flat, the girl lies on her bed with the note in her hand. With a huge sigh, she crumbles up the note and sits up on the bed. The wounds from the previous day felt raw and her head began to spun.

She soon realised she was beginning to run dangerously low on blood sugar, and decided to drop downstairs (hopefully not by gravity) to get some food. Cooking was out of the question in the current state. And she never liked to crack eggs anyway.

Stumbling down the staircase proved easy enough, and the girl soon found herself out in the glaring sun. The bustle of street noise, the pungent smells emitting from the drains, the sun in her eyes, the bustle of street noise..


When her eyes finally flickered open, a strong smell of iodide gushed through her lungs. Clean sheets, white gown, a blanket and two dozen other women lying around her.

The first thoughts she had: "Oh shit. I am in the hospital."

Her second to some number impossible to count:

"Now I just need the police to come round and demand the reason I was nicely knocked out on the streets, and ask my identity and I'll have to tell them I'm a triad leader owning the three streets that sell smelly toufu and they'll ask who did it to me before whisking me off to the police station and someone will have to come and point a gun at the guard to get me out only to see the other two chiefs pointing their guns at my head for bao-tohing them."

"Whoa sian."

"What's so sian about life that made you say that?"

The girl spun around to see the man of the gentle voice only to feel her brain slowly rotate with great inertia thereafter. She still wasn't used to quick movements yet.

What she finally registered was a fine, handsome young man in a doctor's robe and a stethoscope stylishly slung over his neck.

"Boy am I glad he's not a gynae."

...

p.s. Story continues when I get more inspiration. Heh. Wanted to make it dramatic like the previous entry, but just couldn't resist being me. Ha!

No comments: