*******************************************************************
Parents like to compare their kids with others. Little do they know that their kids are just as well comparing them with other parents. Poetic karma.
*******************************************************************
With the least of drama in the operating room,
the first breath of a baby girl began to bloom.
The darling, the jewel, the apple was she,
in the eyes of her uncles and aunties and multiple grannies.
Firstborn of her generation,
she received the full force of love and admiration.
From the gifts and doting she basked in attention
until her mother suddenly got pregnant.
So at the tender age of three,
she was raised to the title of "Jie Jie".
A title no one else could ever hope to attain,
even when they grew to the age of twenty.
A Jie Jie's job leaves no time for rest;
it even covers the results of Di Di's Chinese test.
No idea how the connection ever came,
but failing Chinese.. Jie Jie is to blame!
Her own arse is hardly covered too,
even with marks almost full but two.
Ninety-eight is never good, you know
Scoring perfect was always rightly so.
Whatever the deal was it doesn't matter,
because as the oldest one, "You should know better."
No indignation whatsoever,
because as the oldest one, "You are expected to be clever."
Fair love amongst the siblings I'm not so sure
because as the youngest one, "He is still immature."
Oh.. What the fuck, what the shit.
Surely by some age he'd have grown out of it.
Tell me by when it'll be the end of this.
Thank goodness! My grades are always better than his.
Something I'll always have the right to gloat about,
don't care if you call me ignorant and proud.
I know how I should feel and how I should behave,
but sometime somewhere expectations and reality do not coincide.
They should, they would, they will someday
but in the meantime I kinda sorta would er.. like to sometimes have my way.
Alternatively you can ignore this parenting glitch
and accept the fact that I just need to bitch.
No comments:
Post a Comment