Friday, December 26, 2008

the ups and downs of my fats

Just before leaving for Hong Kong, I watched my weight descend very gradually down to 44 kg. And finally, three days before I left, it broke the barrier and hit 43.7 kg. On the morning of departure at 4am, I weighed myself - 43.8 kg - and made a pact with myself not to come back heavier than that.

When I finally walked through the door again almost five days later, I stood on the weighing machine and smiled at the 43.9 kg flashing on the display. In the week that followed, inactivity and heavy breakfasts brought my weight down to 43.2 kg before meals and 43.6 kg after meals. Comfortable range I can live with.

And then. Just two nights before, I had some potato chips and then again spaghetti for dinner last night. Which brought my weight up to 43.5 kg before meals, but 43.7 kg after meals. Still reasonable to me.

Then I went swimming just now. And I now weigh 43.9 kg before meals.

Which smart aleck came up with the bright idea of exercising to lose weight??

No comments: