****************************************************
So anyway. Suicide. Quite a taboo topic isn't it? And those who read this blog will probably start thinking I'm suicidal and everything. Heh. I'M NOT.
I used to think I was a pessimist for thinking about these kinda things. Death, pain, misery. Not just me, but my friends and family as well. (So sorry to drop it on you that I imagine you dying horribly this way.)
But then I realised, will a pessimist honestly think about these kind of stuff? They're usually not so far-sighted, aren't they? Pre-occupied about the present, worrying about the worst that will happen to them, and they'll definitely be unable to cope.
It is the optimist who will seriously consider death. Because only an optimist will be able to come to terms with death and misery. And hence, I conclude, I am an optimist. Ha!
I do not think that death is scary. Neither do I think that pain nor misery are. They (pain and misery) are horrible experiences, yes, but how much harm can it bring? Let's face it. They do more good than bad.
So anyway, back to my thing about suicide. I ever thought about it. (Ok duh. There wouldn't be this blog entry otherwise) My favourite way of suicide is carbon monoxide poisoning. It's painless, and since it's usually from the air-conditioning of a car, it's comfy! If I ever were to commit suicide, and I have a choice, I'd definitely choose a car (Lexus, BMW or Mercedes will do), turn on the air-conditioning, with my bolster, comforter and bear bear and go to sleep!
I have fears (I'm human after all). Fear of falling, fear of pain, fear of failure, fear of punishment, fear of being unable to escape... The list goes on. And dying through carbon monoxide poisoning (hehe!) circumvents all my fears.
I know that there are people in this world who are afraid of Death. But why? Because death makes you leave the ones you love behind? Because death strips you of all the things that means to you? Or because death stops everything you have going on in life?
But if you'll just think about it. As in, really think and consider about it, death gives meaning to life. Because life has to stop one day, so people will strive to make the most out of it Because life has an end road, that is why people don't want to let it go.
Life is a wonderful thing. The potentials are limitless. And death might seemingly remove these infinite possibilities achievable by Man. But if there was only life and no death, how much of these possibilities will even be achieved by us?
p.s. If you find this whole entry morbid, and my jokes just disgustingly dark, then you just haven't gotten to terms that everyone will die one day. That's ok. You might think I'm crazy for now. But how much of a smile do you want to wear on your deathbed? Be happy that you've reached your time to move on, or be sad because you want to hold on to all you've had in your life? The choice is yours.
p.p.s. I would have liked to talk about the pros and cons of different ways of suicide. Like jumping off a building didn't need money, since the buildings are there already, but the pain is probably HUMUNGOUS, compared to dying of carbon monoxide poisoning in a car.. But oh well. Went with the flow and this was where I ended up.
So.. Hope you enjoyed the story!
No comments:
Post a Comment