I've been having this bad habit. I keep saying I'm poor. Actually, not really. I just keep saying I don't have money. It's not true. Cos I realised I still get to stay in hall, (as nicely pointed out by someone). So I'm not poor! Yay!
I just have pocket money that covers my phone bills, transport, textbooks, and course packs. Groceries, meals and clothes aside. Money to go out and enjoy myself is definitely from my pocket money. That's taken for granted. Miscellaneous bits.. Too minor to ask for more.
But I'm not poor. I can still stay in hall.
My dad just thinks that I don't need so much money. $160 a month is more than enough for me. It's actually already more than what he intended for me. If I want to go on SEP, it's best if I find somebody to sponsor me. Like scholarships, or bursaries. Or I'll just pay for it partially, and he pays the rest, or I'll borrow from him first.
I'm not poor. I can stay in hall.
I'm really not poor. He is more generous than he was when we were still living in Eastern Lagoon.
I have enough to spend on food, as long as I don't spend more than $2 on a meal. Don't buy the more expensive food. Go for the cheapest. I have to have discipline, and not always eat the food I like. Don't buy drinks. Drink plain water. Bring water bottle. Don't buy snacks. Don't buy sweets. These luxury items waste unnecessary money.
I'm not poor. I can stay in hall.
We used to move from condo to condo. From Bayshore Park to Eastern Lagoon. From a one-storey rented condo to a penthouse. Even though the penthouse was very heavily discounted. That was before we finally moved to a HDB flat. But I could still have my own room. With my own computer, and my own laptop.
I'm not poor. I just have very little to spend.
As long as I can see things the way he does, I'll be able to see that I have more money to spend. I might even be able to start eating lunch more often. And not skip two days' lunch to eat something I like on one day.
If only exams weren't over. Then I would still be giving tuition. $200 more a month. Luckily Papa forgot I was giving tuition when he decided on my pocket money for me. I wonder how much he would have given me if he remembered, or if I reminded him. Haha. I can still remember that sudden stunned look when I said I was going to give tuition, just before I went out the other time.
I'm not poor. I can stay in hall.
No comments:
Post a Comment