Mrs Lee makes her final journey today. As with many Singaporeans, I feel like I lost a role model, a teacher, an inspiration. She is who my mother taught every lady should aspire to be, and someone I have learnt to have a deep admiration for.
Beyond her intelligence and immense capabilities, I admire her for her humility and heart for others. I admire her for her steadfastness and devotion to her husband. Something I am not sure I can do myself.
And her husband has the same deep love for her, something I know most men can't do themselves.
Watching the tributes to her these few days, I can't help but feel proud that Singapore has such a fine daughter. It takes a lot for any person to have such achievements in their careers and family, but even more for one to hold it down as her husband shines.
I am deeply sentimental that she has left us, but prouder than I was of what she has accomplished by being the wonderful lady she was.
No comments:
Post a Comment