Saturday, February 20, 2010

The man in the green room

I remember when I was in upper secondary or junior college, I would notice this person sitting at his table in a room painted apple pastel green in the block opposite mine. I would be able to see him from my living room, and he would still be at the table around 1 plus.

Two years in hall and I forgot about him. Instead, I noticed if my neighbours were sleeping, and if the horns at the port were blaring tonight.

Two years later I'm back at home, working late into the night, procrastinating as usual. (I'm seriously a night person la. I should just stop pretending.)

He still sits at the table. Sometimes his kids or wife would come in and talk to him for a while. But he remains at the table. I always wonder what he is doing, or not doing.

Like me tonight, whoever has been noticing this long-haired girl at her table in her peach-coloured room. I am blogging, not writing my &$#@! essay.

No comments: