A friend was very concerned that I place too much importance on money. And he always made me feel as though my entire life is wrong because he has reached "enlightment" and sees the transience of money. And he reads this blog.
I'm not afraid to admit, I once led a very miserable life determined by the number of coins in my pocket. I was so fixed on what I had in my wallet that I willingly gave up what I had with my friends. And I always wished I had more.
I believe in prosperity. I always did. I believe in being rich, having millions, living in a beautiful house, enjoying exclusive memberships and driving the latest luxury car in town.
The difference is now, I chase after God, and money chases me.
I still want more. I want everything I have to be in abundance. But I no longer have to worry whether or not it is coming in. It is. And it will. Without a single speck of doubt.
I do not believe in living a thrift and frugal life, as many Christians advocate. How can the perfect Lamb be sacrificed for us to live as poor people? No, the sacrifice was made so that we would live forgiven and in abundance. Thrift and frugality is not Christianity, it is Confucianism.
Neither am I for people who sell their soul to the devil for money, or harm others to add one more zero to their bank account. It is not the way to live, whether or not they have been saved. But I have nothing against those who, through sheer dilligence, build up their own empires. They may not be children of God, but I give them my deepest respect. At the very least, they have the fever and drive for achievement that few would ever have.
I am a daughter of Sarah, and a seed of Abraham. I believe in God's promise to Abraham of all the riches in the land, and I am his heir. I have no doubts I will be rich and living in abundance. My efforts will play a part, but the bulk of it will come from His supernatural favour.
My God is that good :)
1 comment:
I don't know you, but it saddens me when I read this post.
I'm a Christian too & I think many Christians take promises of abundance in the bible out of context. The problem comes down to the church's teachings on the promise of riches. If you read the bible in context of those passages, it does not make direct reference to wealth nor does it promise that all Christians will be blessed by God in this way. In fact, there are other parts of the bible where it talks about the sufferings ALL Christians will face by following Jesus (2 Peter).
The bible talks about riches making reference to the abundance of God's grace (Ephesians are full of these verses). Matt 6:24 says you cannot serve two masters. Again, in the parable of the rich fool (Luke 12) & the rich young man (Matt 19), both men did not enter the Kingdom of God.
What about the faithful Christians in this world? And if God chooses to take away your riches one day (like with Job), what then? I hope you can still trust Him nonetheless in spite of whatever circumstance He blesses you with. Praise Him if He's bestowed on you wealth & be generous with it, but also know that it is not something any of us deserves.
God bless you.
Post a Comment