Saturday, March 15, 2008

Photo story

I've always wondered what it was like doing a photo essay. hahaha. Now I finally understand. No mean feat indeed.













Those are my first 9 photos. Haha. Didn't storyboard well, so ended up with one photo less without realising it. The sixth and ninth photos were edited after the tutorial though. (forgot to save as..)



And here are some of the comments given in class:

1. Could not really tell that she's leaving her place for the library. Maybe could include her wearing her shoes or pressing "1" in the lift or something

2. Cannot really tell it's the librarian (this comment one I made myself, after feedback from someone else outside class). So I gave her a books badge (in the original photo). People suggested she could bun up her hair, or look older, or change to a less cute model. But the model part is a bit more difficult, cos not many other people can act like her.

3. Could maybe put the National Library Board's logo at the entrance of the library, so people will be clearer it's the library. But after it was clarified that words can be there, as long as it's photographed by me, I think there's no need for it.



4. Also a comment made by myself: The last photograph would be where the girl leaves sadly out of the library. In my original storyboard, I had wanted the librarian to be the last photo. But looking at it again, I felt that it does not have a nice conclusion to the story..

And so, with those comments, I came up with an improved photo story! haha.
















Is the story better told now?

No comments: