Hm.. Haha. Realised I haven't been posting happy things for quite a while.
Finally went to church again just yesterday, and Pastor said that the first place that the devil attacks is the mind. Come to think of it, all the unhappiness, the cares and concerns, the worries and moodiness.. The devil has shot lots of thoughts into my head alright. And I HAD fallen deeply into his trap.
NO MORE.
So sorry auntie, for making you worry all the way in Otago. Haha, and so sorry to all the rest who found this blog a bit repetitive.
Anywayz. Happy posts!
One week ago, just after SWOC I think. Can't remember which day.. Friday I think. 10 August 2007. I was shitting in the toilet, when my handphone rang. (It's coincidence. 99% of the time, I don't bring my phone into the toilet)

And I got this call from this Malay lady who was saying a lot of things but I couldn't hear cos I was concentrating on the other end of my body. But as all effective marketing people go, she managed to get her message across (amid plops and splashes. Hehe I couldn't resist.)
The thing was, I was sort of offered this complimentary photo shoot at this studio called Snapz image, complete with make up and hair styling. And I can bring my whole family along for this thing. And at the end of it all, I'll get two photos of my choice in a CD-ROM.
Hey, good idea. We don't really have a lot of 全家福s (a total of.. hm.. 2?) lying around. And even if we have to pay for it in the end, no harm.. right?
But my dad thought it was a scam, and my brother couldn't make it on the last minute so in the end, only me and my mother went. And so we did. Obviously after the whole shoot and everything they tried to sell us this and sell us that. Haha. That poor guy was trying not to tell us the price of the package even though we kept asking him. (It was $2588!)

But too bad for them, they bumped into the most stubborn customer of all time.. Me! And no matter what they said, or how they said it. I said no. Haha. Too bad. So I just chose two lor and Lesley (the name of the poor consultant who got us) burnt it into a CD and gave it to me.
But I forgot to bring it to hall! Darn. Else I'll definitely post the photos up.
After the shoot, we headed down to Aunty Pat's house. Wahahaha. Finally saw Uncle Terence after.. Hm.. 17 years? Hahaha. Cos I seriously don't remember seeing him at all. So it's gotta be reaaally long ago. And I got Timothy's msn! Hehe. Any flashing green lights out there who don't mind waiting for a red light to change colour?? Singapore sure is small. Turns out he knows who Cass is too. But apparently, she didn't tell her cell group mates she was going on Work and Travel and they were all wondering what happened to her.
And the best part of the day! We went to Kuishin Bo for my mum's belated birthday dinner. That restaurant is so popular la.. We tried to reserve seats but they were fully booked and we had to queue up 45 minutes to get in.
While waiting, one of the staff took out a plate of squids-on-stik and started offering it to those waiting in the queue. My mother was won over that very instant.
And it so happened that it is the fireworks festival season! While waiting for a cab back home, we managed to enjoy a one-eighth view of the fireworks show. Hahaha.
So pretty right!!









No comments:
Post a Comment