I was just thinking about making and being friends the other day. And I remembered in MKT 1003, on way of classifying products is by how consumers purchase them. Two and two makes five. How people make and be friends can be classified as well.
Some people treat friends like convenience products. They take whichever comes first, stands out or is just convenient. Friendship to them, is just a matter of well, convenience. When it comes to giving, they only give when it is not out of their way. When their plans remain unchanged, when the effort required is not significant.
Some people treat friends like shopping products. They take time to choose and select friends, making sure they do not make a wrong choice. Friendship to them is a commitment. They are willing to give and go out of their way for a friend, but they still draw a line when to stop giving.
And some people treat friends like specialty products. They are not afraid of giving at all. Nothing is out of the way for them. Friendship to them is a treasure. No effort is considered too great to keep the treasure.
I thought back to how I used to treat friends. And I realised that, I've been through all three kinds of making and being a friend. Before I moved to Rosyth, I treated friends like convenience products. Then I realised how transient friendships could be and how I should treasure my friends in this unfamiliar environment.
After I moved to Rosyth, all the way till around sec 2, I treated friends like specialty products. Then I got hurt by my so-called best friends one by one, or lost contact with them as we parted ways. That was when I learnt to treat friends like shopping products. After all, my loyalty to them does not mean that they hold our friendship as dear as me.
Whoa.. thinking back now. I've got five true friends whom I hold as specialty products. They cherish our friendship as much as me. They are willing to give anything as much as I do (it's not my personal opinion). And honestly man, they'll take a bullet for me as I will for them.
Haha. I am rich.
How do you make friends? How much of a friend are you yourself? How many "specialty products" do you have as you think back now?
Will you be able to say you are rich too?
No comments:
Post a Comment