Monday, March 19, 2007

No thank you

Ming Hui sent me a message earlier in the morning. She asked me to ask Joyce to bring her clothes to hall, to just say that we are considering whether or not to go to dnd.

I found that the hardest message to send so far.

Today I withdrew $50. (When I told Ming Hui, her first reaction was "Then go for DND la." Silly. That's not my point.) $20 went for transport, $13.80 went for the lunch at NYDC with SWOC for Haojie's birthday.

I had arleady pretty much decided to not go for DND already. But still, before receiving that message, I was still ready for last minute changes.

When that message came, I felt a total mix of sadness, envy (I don't know), disheartened, down. They had clothes at home to go for DND.

They only have to pay $50 for DND..

They can just bring their clothes to hall.

I can't.

In sec 4, prom was a compuslsory thing. My mother was so excited for me. She spent $200++ on my gown, my shoes, and even handbag. I never wore them out again. I feel it such a waste for her.. And she never got back that $200++ from my dad.

I hated taking photos them. I went there, and came back without a single photo taken. They had a disco floor which I hated, and I really didn't enjoy myself. That was the worst $200++ I've ever spent.

But that's in the past. Now it's DND.

I know, am I am very clear that I only need to open my door now and say "Let's go for DND!" And a whole handful of my level girls will go immediately. But that will be the only purpose of me going.

I don't have clothes for DND.

I can't just bring it from home.

And I won't have fun there.

I'm so sorry Ming Hui.. That message from you really just totally took away my interest in going. Nothing to be shocked about.

I know that if I want to go, my mother will gladly give me the money to. But she'll never get it back. My dad won't give her. Then what will she have left for herself?

Joy exclaimed "What kind of family is this?!" when she heard that my mother cannot talk to my dad to increase my pocket money. Joy, I am offended. Please take it back. There are too many things you don't know to make that remark.

JC prom we had a choice. IT didn't take me three seconds to decide not to go.

Don't ask anymore.

No comments: