Friday, August 11, 2006

One more day to rag...

Rag is just how many hours away.. And I'm left with 4 hours and 20 minutes of sleep and counting down. I always recall papaya and watermelon's attitude towards things. All or nothing. Tomorrow. I choose ALL.

[Ok. Bath break. Better blog and let my hair dry at the same time.]

While I was bathing I kept thinking of what Stewart told me. He said that I missed a beat and asked me to even cook something up on the spot but never look shocked. Ok that part was quite common sense. WE KNOW.

For that point, I thought he was talking about my gnomes part since I really missed the beat there. Then he said "It's very obvious. You were shocked then your hands went up." Ok... Hold it there. Which part of gnomes do my hands go up? Hey wait. That's the second set of stunts he's talking about!

Ta-ma-de kanina you asshole! I didn't miss the beat there ok!!! I was on time. What shocked?! Lousy la. I thought I really made a mistake subconsciously and you caught it. And all the while, you were just crapping.

Ok so sorry. I shall be more polite. Mr. Stewart sir, I have no idea what beat I missed and what shocked expression you were advising me about. Apparently, the beat I missed was not caught by your discerning eyes, but instead, you mistook my perfect timing for a skipped count.

I would like to apologise for your lack of healthy eyesight, but I am afraid I cannot. It is your fault after all. But I do agree with you that I should not make it obvious if I missed my steps. It's just that I already knew that long before you told me. You can count the mentioned period of time in years. Definitely not many compared to those that you've lived. I'm afraid I am less than half your age after all.

I would like to apologise though that I found your constructive advice highly insulting, rude and irritating. I heard from a passing remark that you are a million-dollar round table insurance agent. That is really very impressive sir. Especially with the way I imagine you pitching your sales.

Sir, although I am only less than half your age, I have some advice for you too. You can choose to read it in the same irritating way you gave me your precious advice earlier on, or you can just read it as per normal, which may be just as irritating as the way you speak. Do not pretend to know it all. DON'T. It's very obvious that you don't. It's VERY obvious.

I'm not trying to pressurise you. But it's very obvious that you really know nothing. And you're pretending to know everything. Maybe it's a requirement for being an insurance agent. First, to be nice and introduce yourself then bombard your victim with exaggerated facts of life. But sir, you are speaking to a junior. As a senior. Not as an insurance agent.

We can be your potential clients in future. But because I find you so irritating, rude and insulting, I think I will look for other agents to handle my policies. I regard them as more deserving recipients of the commissions from my premium payments.

Anyway, I've got to head for the bed now. I need my ample rest so that I will not appear shock to the audience tomorrow. Missed beat or not. Sir, perhaps, instead of resting so early, maybe you could take some time and ponder over the way you speak. I have boldly made the assumption that you have ample time on your hands since you have appeared quite frequently in Sheares. Please pardon me if I have made a mistake there.

Goodnight.

No comments: