Saturday, October 24, 2015

Episode 2 - Wasted

Finally got sufficiently drunk last night. And I remembered every second of it.

When the first retch came, I prepared and pulled out a plastic bag. Then I thought I'd close my eyes and get rid of the sick feeling. When the first purge came, it was so fast, so uncontrollable and so messy. I tried my best to direct everything into the bag, but a good portion of it went onto my clothes and handbag.

Then I saw the back of the driver's seat in front of me and said "Sorry, Uncle". I asked if I could wind down the window and he said it would be worse. Eventually he opened a tiny gap for both him and me. The babe continued to be sound asleep.

I regained consciousness sufficiently after the purge, and for two minutes was wide awake. Not sleepy. Then somewhere along the way, I felt ashamed. My mind drifted in and out and ran thoughts like those at the end of a dream; logical but incoherent. I felt ashamed I could not control my muscles, and however I tried, I couldn't grab and clean the food off my clothes properly.

Cab uncle was nice and gave me wet tissues and a mint to try and soothe the nausea. I ended up holding the thing in my hand the whole journey after just one lick.

I wanted to get off the cab when she got off, and spare Uncle the horrible smell. But he said "Never mind la. I send you back." I managed to pass a $50 back with the wet tissue that Uncle gave me, and somehow could let him know the cab fare was there. He was concerned when I reached, asking if  anyone was coming to pick me. He wanted to return me the change, but honestly, he deserved every cent of it.

I stumbled to the drain next to the lift and marvelled as the vomit fell neatly into the drain. Holding the handrails for support, I just studied how every muscle tightened involuntarily, and the world won't stop spinning.

I wonder if Dad smelled anything when I got home. Hydrochloric acid stinks.

I like episode 2.

No comments: