Saturday, September 19, 2009

THE break

Mid-sem break is here!

The long-awaited, greatly anticipated, highly demanded BREAK is. finally. here. Exactly one semester ago, on this day, I landed in Korea at -7 degrees. Excited Singaporeans furiously blowing the air to see mist leave our mouths.

If only uni life was a string of exchanges. Then every semester would beckon excitement, a new way of life and a new whiff of freedom. No worries about grades, and no stress about project mates. We still learn stuff, but don't get the stress.

This semester, my break is filled up to the brim, but I don't feel as busy as I did two semesters ago. Maybe because I'm used to it, or maybe because I don't expect a week-long vacation. But I'm excited still, yes. Any reprieve from lessons is a relieve.

I'm seriously considering a blackberry. Projects are getting more intense, and the three hours spent travelling is seriously zapping up precious time. Plus the times when I'm in class and unable to respond to urgent mails. 8 hour intervals can really send group mates panicking. What. should. I. do?

No comments: