Sometimes I wonder what's the whole point of me writing these stories. But oh, what the fuck.
A bale of turtles were making their way down south for the winter. Every day, they will swim and feed together, and at night they will find somewhere safe and each will retreat into its private corner.
One night, one of the turtles befriended a small school of fish from near where he slept. The next morning, when the turtles were having their morning feed, the turtle introduced his new friends to the rest of the group.
The bale fed with the school, and they all set off. Midway, the school of fish said they were making a detour, and would meet the turtle and his friends at their planned stop for the night. The next morning the fish fed with the turtles again, and left midway through the journey again, only to share quarters with them at night again.
And again, and again, and again until one week past.
The bale of turtles started travelling slower and were getting hungry quicker while travelling. Finally one of the turtles spoke out.
"Hey, we are not having enough to eat because the fishes are always eating our food."
"Really? They always give me food to eat. You just have to spend more time with them and they'll share your food with you."
"That's not the point. It's one thing if they ate your food, and another if they ate ours. If it wasn't because it was safe to sleep with us, and we always fed in places with abundant food, I don't think they'll even bother saying hi."
"They are fine animals. Really."
"I don't care. I don't like them, they never think for us, I don't see why we should always sacrifice for them."
No comments:
Post a Comment