Thursday, December 21, 2006

And the rain comes fallin' fallin'

Whoa rain! My goodness. It's like totally one whole day, one whole night, and one whole morning. Even my non-aircon hostel room has turned air-con room. Couldn't believe when I woke up. Soo cold, you can keep your milk refrigerated on my table!

And it must rain just when I'm moving in. First trip to hall, rain. Trip back home for dinner, rain. Trip back to hall for the night, still rain (I was even walking in ankle deep water and trying to keep my slippers from coming off for the fourth time!). Next day, (it didn't even stop throughout the night) when I went home, RAIN. This one was damn incredible.

At the stretch of road at MacRitchie reservoir, it was FLOODED. Up to 90 cm deep. When the bus went down. Oh my goodness. How I wish the windows were ceiling-to-floor ones. I could have seen the water washing up against the bus la! And I was so stunned, I didn't even take photographs!

It was super amazing. The waves created by the bus were just like those at Sentosa when you're more than knee deep in the water, washing up to your waist at times. The people standing in the rain (workers and policemen) were either enjoying their time as heroes in the rain, or have found the perfect look to return those gaping stares from people in the vehicles.

When I went back to hall from home, STILL rain. But never mind! This time I was happy. Cos I was determined to take the a video of the little ride semi-underwater. But alas! The bus took a detour at the last minute. Bleah.

And I could only take pictures of the immense traffic jam along the detour.





I wonder what happens to those people waiting at the bus stops that the buses skipped though.. Hai.. poor things.. And they cannot call for cabs, since taxis won't really want to go there either..

No comments: